Tuesday, September 29, 2009

UPDATE 29/9/2009: I recently e-mailed Mazda regarding my concerns and was utterly shocked by the rudeness of the response. The correspondence is as follows:

To whom it may concern,

I am writing to you as a disgruntled and disappointed owner of a 2006 Mazda5 GT. This vehicle was purchased brand new from a Mazda dealer, and has received all of it's scheduled maintenance at Mazda dealerships. Despite this, I feel as though I have had an unacceptable amount of issues with the vehicle. I feel that the design of the suspension is faulty, and the number of problems I've had with the suspension components reflect this.

Most recently, at around 86,000km, my left rear shock began to leak oil in my driveway and is now needing replacement. I find this unacceptable, and feel as though it is a design flaw, as my other rear shock blew in the past as well, around 64,000km. The fact that my Mazda dealer has a number of these shocks in inventory at all suggests to me that this is a more common problem than my Mazda dealer would like to admit.

I also purchased the premium extended warranty when I purchased this vehicle and was told that the rear shocks are not covered under this extended coverage. This contradicts with what I was told when I was encouraged to purchase this extra protection. At the time of purchase, I was told that this "premium" extended warranty would cover everything that was covered under the original bumper to bumper warranty. Apparently, $1600 + tax later, this is not the case.

I resent having to spend more money on yet another suspension repair when I have a history of trouble with the chassis components. I have taken the liberty of documenting all of the problems I have had since purchasing the vehicle here:

http://www.mymazda5lemon.blogspot.com/

I would like someone from Mazda Canada to contact me so that we can find a solution to my problem, because as it stands, I have been soured by the experience of my Mazda5.


RESPONSE:

Mr. _______,

Thank you for taking the time to write to Mazda Canada Inc.

Your blog is evidence of lack of good faith in resolving your differences and concerns.

As such, we will not consider your request. Please review the agreement that was provided for you Mazda Added Protection. It clearly identifies what is and what is not covered under the terms and conditions.

Regards,

Mazda Canada Inc.


MY RESPONSE:

That was a fairly immature response to my inquiry. Having dealt with two separate dealers who have yet to rectify my situation, as well as two separate customer service representatives, excuse my "lack of good faith". Had I not kept a written log documenting my problems and concerns, would you have provided me with a different solution? If this is the case, I am appalled by the discriminatory attitude from Mazda Canada.


RESPONSE:

Mr. ______,
We appreciate your point of view and you are certainly entitled to it.
Regards,
Mazda Canada Inc.

3 comments:

  1. What a terrible display of customer service. It's hard to have much faith is the Mazda corporation after reading this. It's just so typical of large companies these days. They didn't even address any of your questions which were completely valid. What a shameful display!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That's pretty harsh: "Your blog is evidence of lack of good faith in resolving your differences and concerns."

    Dear Mazda, your rude response is evidence that I will not ever be buying a Mazda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the record.
    I too have a 2006 Mazda 5. I noticed the passenger rear strut leaking when the car had about 14000 km on it. Then the drivers rear strut went at about 50000 km. The dealer wasn't going to replace it because it was a wear and tear item (I reminded him the first one went at 14000 km). I told him to forget it because all the blogs I read indicated a problem with the factory struts, and I would rather source an aftermarket item. At that point the dealership replaced the strut free of charge. I had a the front bushings replaced around 20000km (knocking), and now the back suspension squeaks over every bump 90000km (it is going back in as per a Mazda service bulletin). A note to the armchair mechanics.... No I don't go off roading in this vehicle!!!! Good roads no harsh winter driving(just Rain) this car is babied!!! Regular service by semi knowlegable owner. I agree with this blog, there are some major engineering dificiencies when it comes to the Mazda 5 suspension!! That being said I really like the car but it isn't perfect!
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete