Saturday, January 16, 2010

Disputes with the dealership....

So I just thought I would update on the latest happenings with my 2006 Mazda5 GT. I dropped the car off at the dealership on Dec.17th, 2009, because my dealer told me that Mazda had seen the pictures of the rust forming in my wheel wells and had approved a fix under warranty, they simply wanted a few more pictures for reference. So the dealer took a few more pictures, got me in a rental 2010 Honda CR-V (which I ended up really liking), and sent me on my way.

A few days later, on the 21st of December, my dealer called me to inform me that Mazda had seen the latest pictures, and retracted their approval to have the car fixed under warranty, since the rust had not perforated the metal! The dealer told me that they had already begun work on the vehicle, so they were not sure what I wanted to do! I was furious, and told the dealer so, which then reluctantly agreed to complete the work for free. I simply find this ridiculous, as I clearly would not have brought the vehicle in at all if it had not been covered under warranty! How can Mazda even justify retracting an offer to fix a vehicle under warranty after they have approved it? It seems that Mazda is continually shocking me with their poor business practices.

At this time, my right rear passenger door lock has stopped responding to the key fob... it looks to me as though the lock is broken. I have not yet bothered to tell the dealership about this as I simply do not have the time or patience to constantly bring my vehicle in for servicing! Especially as my Mazda dealer does not provide a complementary loaner vehicle.

4 comments:

  1. In 2009 I purchased a 2006 Mazda5 and also have a a multitude of problems. Starting with doors that most of the time don't unlock or lcok correctly and most recently with the rear sliding door NOT latching in cold weather. the door flew open while I was driving! How dangerous! Apparently the door latch problem is a recall, so I contacted the dealer and they told me that "since the recall was already performed" (not while I have owned the vehicle), that I would have to pay to repair their faulty latch! I too have experienced horrible service and tremendous rudeness and sheer ignorance at 2 different dealerships and with corporate Mazda. I say we get together and make a very famous video for YouTube, what do you say??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not worried about the legal ramifications....As long as you speak the TRUTH and can back up your truth, then a case of "slander" (spoken) or libel (written) will not stand up in a court of law. How do you think Michael Moore gets away with making those documentary's? He speaks the truth and he can verify it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Meliisa,

    I would love to band together to present our problems to Mazda. I definitely think there is strength in numbers. I have actually been thinking of making little handouts about this site and placing them on the windshields of other Mazda5 owners, since I see many in the GTA. I am not worried about legal ramifications because I am simply putting in print my own experiences with a vehicle that I purchased. I have documentation of all of my repair claims, and I do maintain my right to free speech.

    Also, it is unfortunate that you have the issue with the latch not holding in cold weather. Mine was manufactured after they fixed that problem. However, I do believe that your dealer is lying to you. As far as I can remember, owners were reporting that dealers simply had to use a different lubricant on the hinge that would not freeze in cold weather. I do not think that you have to change the actual mechanism, but just the lubricant on it! I am going to look for the link about it and see if I can get it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thanks, I will try a better lubricant and maybe that will rectify the faulty door latch that freezes up in cold weather....For the record, I have heard about that whole rust proofing scam with GM dealerships too. I've heard sometimes the manufacturer won't cover the warranty, because you rust proofed it! Gotta read the fine print, I guess!
    But as far as Mazda goes, that still doesn't excuse the horrible service at their "authorized dealerships"....One thing I can guarantee - this is the first Mazda and the very LAST Mazda I will ever drive! I will warn every person I know against purchasing a Mazda and it's mostly due to their horrible customer service!

    ReplyDelete